Member Profile: Dan Salzer, Wenck Associates, Inc.
2. What lead you to your current career?
Career day sophomore year of high school. I had a teacher whose brother was a civil engineer that owned an engineering/surveying firm that specialized in land development. The idea of working with people, being outside, and building things peaked my interest. My first job out of school ended up being with my teacher’s brother’s firm.
3. What do you like best about your work?
Working on land development or redevelopment projects because there is a physical/tangible result.
4. What might people be surprised to know about you?
Unlike many engineers, I’m not a fan of digging deep into the technical details.
5. Person who has greatly influenced your life?
My father and his hard work, sacrifice, and people skills
6. What is the best career advice you’ve received?
It’s not what you know – it’s who you know. You can’t BE an expert on everything, but you can KNOW an expert on everything.
7. What career advice would you give to someone just starting their career?
Create a personal plan to layout your career with a vision for both the short- and long-term. Where are you now, where do you want to go, and how are you going to get there? Develop measurable goals, review your progress on occasion, and update your plan at least once each year.
8. What are your hobbies?
I have a 3-month old and a 2-year old. Do changing diapers and not sleeping count as hobbies?
9. Three words that describe you?
Positive, motivated, and organized.
10. What is your favorite piece of technology?
Entry filed under: Member Profiles. Tags: .